Scope of work: Managing Director for Mailvelope
The Managing Director will play a pivotal role in overseeing the strategic direction, operations, and growth of Mailvelope. This leadership position requires a highly motivated and experienced individual capable of steering the organization toward its mission and goals. The Managing Director will work closely with the Founder of the project.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive organizational strategy aligned with the mission and objectives.
- Provide visionary leadership and guidance to the team, fostering a culture of innovation and excellence.
Sales and Marketing
- Market research: In-depth market research to understand the competitive landscape and customer expectations in the email encryption software market, this will help in understanding end user needs.
- Value Proposition: What sets Mailvelope apart from other encryption tools? This can be features like user-friendliness, security standards, or integrations with popular email platforms.
- Oversee day-to-day operations, ensuring efficient utilization of resources.
- Implement and maintain operational policies, procedures, and systems to optimize organizational effectiveness.
- Manage the organization's budget, financial planning, and reporting.
- Seek and secure funding opportunities, grants, and partnerships to support the organization's growth.
- Build and maintain relationships with stakeholders, including board members, partners, donors, and the community.
- Represent the organization at conferences, meetings, and events to enhance its reputation and visibility.
- Foster a collaborative and inclusive work environment, promoting professional growth and development.
Evaluation and Reporting
- Establish and monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) to assess program effectiveness.
- Provide regular reports to the board and stakeholders on organizational performance and impact.
- Identify potential risks and develop strategies for risk mitigation.
- Ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
Sustainability Action Plan
- Contribute to the development and execution of a Sustainability Action Plan to ensure the long-term viability of the organization.
- Proven experience in a senior leadership role, preferably in the nonprofit sector.
- Demonstrated success in strategic planning and execution.
- Strong financial management and fundraising skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication abilities.
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse stakeholders.
- Commitment to the organization's mission and values.
- Degree in a relevant field; advanced degree preferred.
Term and Compensation:
The Managing Director position is offered on a consultant basis for an initial three-month term. The expected monthly salary is approximately between 8,000 – 10,000 USD, subject to discussion. Transition to long-term employment is desired.
The job can be done remotely, but the flexibility to travel should be given.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications, including a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. The application deadline is 15 December 2023.
The Managing Director is expected to be a highly suitable match for the role, possessing the qualifications and commitment necessary to lead the organization effectively.